A tool design to assist elementary and high school pupils prep at their own convenience and pace.
When I went to school it was common place for a teacher to place a text book in front a set of students and offer the simple yet daunting line “Copy that”. There would be no talking to either the teacher or fellow pupils. For me lessons seemed drag so much that I wasn't engaged in the subject material. The style and approach system of teaching was boring and uninteresting. More pupils doze off ...SEE ALL
When I went to school it was common place for a teacher to place a text book in front a set of students and offer the simple yet daunting line “Copy that”. There would be no talking to either the teacher or fellow pupils. For me lessons seemed drag so much that I wasn't engaged in the subject material. The style and approach system of teaching was boring and uninteresting. More pupils doze off at the back whiles a few of us pays glue attention to the teacher. We always return home with our bulky super bags which weigh almost half of our mass. The system made us think in one direction and any answer outside the text book is deemed wrong.
But now advancement in information technology and the Internet has completely change the way we do things. Across western countries schools and Universities are using technology to help students improve their study skills and learning. We believe the future is now for educational schools in Ghana and Africa to join in the technological craze by moving from the traditional system of education to a more modern and digitized system of education.
Apor app wants to be the driving force and pioneer behind educational technology in Africa. As Thomas Edison ones said “books will soon be obsolete in schools… our school system will completely change in some years to come. We believe the time is now!!
Stage 4: Transition to Scale
We are currently embarking a market validation where we are introducing and testing our product concept to our targeted audience. In all 10 elementary level and high schools in Accra and Kumasi Metropolis of Ghana were selected for the validation.
Basic Education, Methods & Learning, Inclusive Education and 1 MoreSEE ALL
Basic Education, Methods & Learning, Inclusive Education and Secondary EducationSEE LESS
Funds Raised to Date
Our educational App is looking at four critical issues which needs to be addressed in Ghana’s education system.
1. Health issues related to Students wearing heavy bag packs to school.
2. Poor Quality of Education in Ghana and other African countries.
3. Educational inequality which has been a major issue in the education sector in Africa.
4. Lack of reading among Children in Africa. A study conducted in Ghana indicated 90% of pupils in basic school cannot read or understand what they read.
Apor app is basically an educational app that is design to help elementary pupils prep. The whole idea is to make educational resource materials available to anyone in a digital format. In as much as we are trying to address the health issue related to students wearing heavy bags to school, the focal point of the development of the app is to create convenience, mobility, enhance the quality of education and in a way make learning fun to pupils.
Apor app has a broader appeal. Our primary target group of customers are the elementary and high school students preparing for any incoming test. Reading of electronic books is not so common in Africa so our e-store is mainly to target children who loves reading and introduce them o a more rapid way of getting more e-books online.
Mission and Vision
It is our mission to re-model how education is delivered to pupils in the elementary level through the use of technology in Africa. To enhance the learning experience of pupils in West Africa especially deprived communities to gain access to free educational materials on a single platform.
In terms of competitive advantage,
1. 1ST TO MARKET: We are the first to market, creating a tool that allows pupils access all educational material on a single platform
2. EASE OF USE: The app is simple, intuitive and can run with or without Internet access for extended period of time.
3. AFFORDABLE: About 80% of all the resource materials on our application are free except for our premium services.
4. PRIVATE TUTOR: The App gives parents/guardian the opportunity to request for a certified private tutor from our portal using our geo-location algorithm.
5. E-STORE: The e-store provided users access to countless e-books ranging from storybooks to textbooks.
6. DESIGN & BRAND: The aesthetic of the app design beat our competitors that have outdated visuals.
Planned Goals and Milestones
Our next phase of our project is to introduce our own customized tablets the app can run on. Currently the app is available to anyone with an access to a smart phone or preferably a tablet. We believe a customized tablet will help us to eliminate all the unnecessary applications that will serve as a destruction when they are studying. With our customized tablets it will be made up of solely our Apor app and a few other education related apps.
|New Implemented Countries||Nigeria|
|Recruit||2 Eductionist, 2 Software Engineers, 1 Finance |
|New Feature||An interactive chat system where users can interact with each other by sharing classroom experience and any challenges among their peers or enrolled certified tutors.|
The Team Behind the Innovation
Our management philosophy is simple and is an integral part of our mission statement. We believe we have a good team for covering the main points of the business plan. Our key members have the experience and knowledge to manage and grow the business, and are highly motivated by the employee-owner concept.
1. Adolf Kudjoe Boateng (Founder & App Dev)
2. Seth Yorke (Management Accountant)
3. Anna Hammond (Educationist)
4. Ian Cecil Akoto (Software Developer)
EXECUTIVE TEAM INCLUDES WOMEN AND YOUTH